8.2.13

pretty vintage doll dress to learn from

A couple of months ago I purchased this wonderful little item from Attic Antics on Etsy.

Being a self taught doll maker and tiny tailor, finding beautifully made dolls clothes is invaluable to me. I can see first hand how neat your stitching can be the type of stitching used. How to hem properly and how sleeves  collars are attached to the bodice.
Learning new skills is very important to me, whether it be in art, sewing, gardening or cooking. It builds confidence not only in what you make but within yourself. This shows through and is appreciated by your customers who purchase your work.
Learning new skills also reinvigorates your passion for making art and dolls, you may have been doing the same old technique for years with happy results but to go that extra step is exciting and opens up new ideas.
I know there is a doll out there that would love to wear this dress, I just need to make her!


post signature

No comments: