26.1.10

All waxed up!

My little drummer is finished! here is the final photo with some detailed shots. Enjoy the waxy fun!!







Thank you for the lovely comments every one. Jess, I think you are right about watermarking photos. I have had a few problems with people using my work and re-working the images. I've written to the offenders but have not had any reply's.
One of my brothers has done a lot of work with 'Creative Commons' and I think it is a fantastic idea. But I really dislike those people that use your work without your permission!

8 comments:

CurlyPops said...

He is absolutely stunning. I'm a huge fan of textural artwork. There's something magical about the texture being able to change the look depending on which angle you are standing at.

Grace Garton said...

Hi CurlyPops!!
I agree! Lots of controlled happy accidents!
It's great fun.

Queerly Yours said...

What a sweet picture! ((dabbing my eyes)) He reminds me of my son when he was little!
Sorry to hear about people lifting your work... it is such a worry and as you say people do not feel the slightest bit of guilt when they do it! Watermarking does sound like a good idea!

Unknown said...

Oh Grace he is fabulous! I think this is your best yet...I don't know though - thank angel is pretty wonderful too! It really stinks when people steal...it is a shame to put a watermark on such a great piece of art, but these days it is almost necessary...

Kelly Lish said...

Love this, and the texture is wonderful!

vivian said...

wow Grace.. he is really awesome! the wax was the perfect finishing touch.
hugs!

Joyce van der Lely said...

Grace, I love your drummer boy. Yes, I am pro watermarking and also you can add a very easy html thingy to your webpages to right click protect, so they can not save the images in the first place.

J

Chrisy said...

All the layers and textures give this work a timeless appeal...I just want to reach out and touch it! Pleased to have discovered your unique work...