6.12.11

Meet Hobbes and Bunny, a new commission

  

Meet Bunny and Hobbes, he was commissioned by a lovely lady, Vanessa from Victoria for her two boys. Vanessa emailed me recently after purchasing one of my bunnies from my online etsy shop, so she had some idea of my style of doll making. Vanessa wondered if I could make a bunny and a tiger based on her children's much loved toys in my grungy primitive style. After seeing a couple of photo's of the existing toys Vanessa and I set about collaborating on ideas for the dolls. I'd never made a tiger before and after a couple of attempts we settled on......

 not this one.....................................


but this one......................................

And here he is completed...collaborating with someone can be a wonderful experience that can lead you too accomplishing something you had never contemplated before. I'm really happy with the tiger and I'll be making a small limited edition shortly.
Hobbes and Bunny are on their way to Victoria tonight...safe journey fella's!!
Vanessa is a doll maker too and you should see the lovely little mermaids she makes and sells online, her shop is called Mermaids Dreaming
 I've another two commissions...one for a children's book writer in Hawaii and one for a local Tasmanian!

post signature

5 comments:

Bearly Sane said...

Grace you have done a wonderful job...he's such a handsome fella!

Hope you have received your parcel okay by now.
Hugs,
Sandi

Unknown said...

Oh I love them... especially Hobbes. Such a childhood favorite.

Joanne@ Desertmountainbear said...

They are both so fantastic, she must be thrilled.

Twiglet said...

Hobbes is a real little charmer. Clever you. x Jo

Anonymous said...

Hi Grace - just found this! I am SOOO thrilled with Hobbes and Bunny and can't wait to give them to the boys as a "forever representation" of their very special toys, even as those toys fall apart from love! And thank you kindly for including a link to my shop. You are a darling!
Thanks for a wonderful collaboration! I look forward to more of your creations soon!